Humanscale Diffrient World
Diffrient World delivers all-mesh elegance, merging premium lumbar care with adaptability. Niels Diffrient’s full-function ergonomic task chair looks at home in any modern office and offers customized back support through physics-powered design and tri-panel mesh.
• All-mesh design fits handsomely into any office – no matter where you work.
• Tri-panel mesh back offers intelligent support for your unique pressure points.
• Lightweight design makes it exceptionally easy both to assemble and relocate.
• Net Positive certification means each chair produced restores energy and clean water while reducing environmental waste.
• Diffrient World is yours with a 15-year, 24/7 warranty.
ABOUT THE DESIGN
Niels Diffrient designed Diffrient World to offer ease of use and effortless functionality. With weight-sensitive recline that adjusts automatically and armrests that are attached to the back of the chair so they move with the user for ergonomic comfort, Diffrient World provides custom comfort for every sitter. A high quality, affordable task chair with minimal parts, Diffrient World was built with longevity in mind and will look as good in ten years as it does today.
WHAT IS A NET POSITIVE PRODUCT?
Diffrient World is Living Product Certified, meeting the most rigorous sustainable manufacturing criteria to date. This means that Diffrient World is climate, water and energy positive. Every time we make these products the planet is better off. With a mission to create a healthier world, we are proud that over 60% of our products are certified net positive.
- Invisible Recline Mechanism
- Diffrient World uses the laws of physics and harnesses the user’s body weight to automatically provide the right amount of recline for every individual, every time. Its groundbreaking mechanism-free recline action leverages two parts of the chair’s frame to provide automatic, balanced support throughout the full range of motion for maximum support.
- Responsive Bracket
- Diffrient developed the chair’s back using the laws of physics, which eliminates the requirement for a separate lumbar support, which tends to create a pressure point and requires manual adjustment. With patented Form Sensing Mesh Technology, the backrest perfectly conforms to the sitter’s entire back as if custom made for them.
- Sitting on Air
- A truly lightweight chair, Diffrient World replaces the standard cushion seat with a low-abrasion, non-stretch mesh. To maximize comfort, Diffrient eliminated the front edge of the chair, solving a perennial problem of hard edges placing pressure on the knees and contact stress behind the thighs, allowing long-term comfort and total supports for every sitter.